Re: CPU recommendations *ATI drivers for XFree86 4.3* *avoid Intel-Shite*

Hi all & Alvin,

who typed....

<snip>

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 04:44:08AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 05:46:36AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

Yes, it's a binary driver, and I'm not happy about that, but I
can live with it...

all video drivers seem to suffer the same fate
- nvidia gforce/quadro4, ati firegl-2, etc seem to not run on latest greatest gcc/xfree-4.3 since those *.o they provide
	is for prior versions

just depends on which distro and which version of x11 and which kernel
and which gcc
	- need for the graphics drivers folks to release *.c so we
	can compile/link it properly .. otherwise those video cards
	are useless at least, its latest/greatest features cant be used

c ya
alvin

<snip>

Actually, there are ATI binary drivers for XFree86 4.3, just here....

http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/body_download_ati.html#8x00

Search the forums here, for Linux install tips, with ATI, scroll down a wee ways....

http://www.rage3d.com/board/

They are nice too, I am running some now, in Xandros 1.0.

*HTH* & *BFN*

H :-)

There is not much to choose between a woman who deceives us for another, and a woman who deceives another for ourselves. -- Augier