Re: VPN

On Sat, 3 May 2003 17:43:00 +0200
Dennis Stosberg <lists@stosberg.net> wrote:
> Am 03.05.2003 um 10:16 schrieb Alan Shutko:
> > Håvard Stranden <havarden@cloudchaser.net> writes:
> >
> > > No, the Cisco VPN client is also available for Linux. As far as I
> > > know, unfortunately there's no client you can use to replace it.
> > > You have to use the Cisco VPN client on a Cisco VPN.
> >
> > AFAIK, they no longer support their client past a 2.4.18 kernel, and
> > it does _not_ work on a 2.4.20.  (Hard crash on my machine last I
> > tried.)
>
> Cisco's VPN Client _does_ work on past 2.4.18-kernels.  It compiles,
> runs and connects without problems on 2.4.21-pre5 here.

Surprising... you mean the Cisco client is open source? Or is it like
with these Nvidia glx drivers only partly opened?

At the moment I'm not sure which VPN server we are using, so does the
Cisco client only work with a Cisco server? Maybe I'm lucky and we're
actually using another VPN server, thus I would have the chance to use
another client.

Very annoying that there's no standard...

Regards,
Christian