Re: Favorite anti-spam tool

on Fri, 02 May 2003 04:40:31PM -0700, Paul Johnson insinuated:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:52:08PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > > Don't do this, since it's not impossible that non-spam ends up
> > > in your spam folder.  This method is very likely to pollute your
> > > filter.
> >
> > nope -- i have to acknowledge that it's spam first, by un-newing
> > it.
>
> Well, I don't see how that's different, since closing the folder
> un-"new"-s all messages in that folder, they all become "old".

i use mutt with maildirs -- perhaps i should have clarified earlier.
if i read a message, the 'N' in front of it goes away, which means
that it has been moved from folder/new to folder/cur.  closing the
folder has no effect whatsoever on the status of a message.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/