mkisofs -F

Hi all,

I was considering using hte -F switch for mkisofs, so that I can have
an imageroot directory with symlinks to the bits of my disk that I want
to back up, such as /usr/local and /etc.

However I'm a bit worried that I'm going to follow all the symlinks in
/etc/alternatives, and end up with large chunks of /usr/bin etc on there
as well.

Is this right? Is there a good way to avoid it? I've played with grafts
in the past, but the syntax seems quite complicated :-(

Thanks,

Richard