Re: next debian stable ?

Kevin McKinley said:

> They released with a beta kernel. Period.

I wouldn't go so far as say period ..

distros like mandrake, redhat, suse already apply sooooooooooo
many patches to the stock kernel that releasing a  "pre-release"
kernel may be the same as backporting those changes to a "stable"
kernel.

on the surface technically its a beta kernel, but underneath, I
think one could argue most of the kernels in such distros could
be considered beta.

on a side note debian has been taking their time comming out with
ptrace patched kernels. the security team must really be overloaded
some of the recent patches I've seen come out were announced about
2 months ago. luckily the ptrace thing doesn't affect my systems.

nate