Re: Boot Disk

Kris said:
> I am trying to make a customized boot CD.  I have already created the file
> system and with combination of ramdisks it now boots fine readonly.  I am
> attempting to use mkisofs to make a bootable cd but it does not seem to
> boot.  I assume I need a boot image of my current kernel 2.4.18-586tsc
> which I should be able to get from a boot floppy but I do not know how to
> make a boot floppy.  Please help.  Thanks Kris

for making a boot floppy for installation perhaps this:

Package: mkrboot
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 58
Maintainer: Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.91
Depends: bash
Suggests: lilo, loadlin, syslinux, zip
Filename: pool/main/m/mkrboot/mkrboot_0.91_i386.deb
Size: 13788
MD5sum: 8d6d6ee610c1d08d6713a8802be02a1a
 mkrboot generates bootdisks that contain both a kernel and a rootimage.
 This enables debian bootup for installation purposes from one floppy.
 .
 mkrboot can also use loadlin to make a floppyless installation possible.
 .
 Boot methods supported:
  - Loadlin from running DOS/Windows without a floppy
  - Loadlin from a FreeDOS bootup disk
  - Lilo from one floppy
  - Kernel Boot loader from one floppy
  - Syslinux from one floppy