Re: next debian stable ?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: next debian stable ?
- From: Travis Crump <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 11:11:57 -0400
- Message-id: <3EB1393D.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20030429125444.2F9581800D8@smtp-2.hotpop.com> <20030429140711.GD479@gandalf> <3EAEC38C.email@example.com> <20030429194907.GE8469@incanus.net> <3EAEEDB3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030430061520.GI32368@ursine.dyndns.org> <email@example.com>
Kevin McKinley wrote:
Mandrake 9.1 installs a 2.4.21 kernel. It's been out for at least a month,
and the 2.4.21 kernel still hasn't been officially released.
IOW, they released with a beta kernel.
It should be pointed out that it would be irresponsible of them to ship
the officially released 2.4.20. After adding the ptrace patch it could
be argued that it would be better to bump the version number to avoid
confusion as to whether or not it is patched.
Then again maybe they did just release with a beta kernel