Re: imap ssl proxy thingo

In article <20030430042009$7eaf@gated-at.bofh.it>, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

>>> Part of the imp install is imap-proxy (
>>> http://www.kuleuven.net/projects/imapproxy/ ), which proxies the
>>> imap connections between the web server and the Exchange server.
>>>
>>> What I would like is a similar proxy to provide imap-ssl logins to
>>> the outside world and connect them to the normal imap login on the
>>> server.

>> I think that perdition can do this.
>> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/

>> Looks like there's
>> a Debian package for it now too.

> Yes, it might do the job.
> I have a test box to try it on, but I am not sure how to.
>
> Do I somehow add
> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/download/BETA/1.11beta8/debian_woody
> / to my sources list or something ?

There's a package in -stable (there are testing and unstable packages as
well).
http://packages.debian.org/stable/non-us/perdition.html

> I have looked but I cannot find any documentation on installing or runing
> Perdition on the site.

apt-get install perdition should do the trick... as far as
configuration... you may find some useful information at:
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/perdition_paper/html/

I imagine the online documentation and sample config files will probably
prove helpful as well... if you run into specific problems, there is a
mailing list for perdition, where you may be able to get more specific
information.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.