Re: switch from KDE

P Reardon wrote:
I was running gnome on woody before doing a dist-upgrade to unstable. Now KDE has taken over. There must be a config file someplace to start gdm and gnome, but I do not know its name. Your help is appreciated.

If you run "dpkg-reconfigure" you should get a question about the
"default" display manager.  Choose GDM and that should make it come up
at boot time.  From there you should be able to select GNOME, and make
it your "default".

That said, I have seen some posts here that indicate GDM from "unstable"
might be broken... dunno for sure since I don't use it.  I am currently
using KDM from "unstable".  If it is coming up despite having GDM
selected as your "default" before, I would suspect something is wrong in
your GDM.

Anyway, in KDM you should be able to select GNOME under the "Session" button and start it up. KDM makes the last session used (previous) as your "default" on my machine.

HTH,

-Don Spoon-