Re: next debian stable ?

Kevin McKinley said:
tacular results.

> Mandrake 9.1 installs a 2.4.21 kernel. It's been out for at least a month,
> and the 2.4.21 kernel still hasn't been officially released.
>
> IOW, they released with a beta kernel.

redhat 9 I think includes NPTL(?) threads which was backported from
the 2.5.x kernel. redhat 7 included a "pre-release" gcc, numerous
redhat releases have included bleeding edge glibc.

not that I mind too much, it forces the redhat community to test and
debug features ahead of time, by the time I get to using them they
are mostly working :)

I really love the work redhat does in general, just not very fond
of how their distribution is setup. which is great, since linux
offers so much choice.

nate