Removing midentd - HOWTO ????

ok I was trying to install pidentd and it stated it
needed to remove midentd.

Heres output:

poopy:/home/gabaod# apt-get install pidentd
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  midentd
  pidentd
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove
and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/24.9kB of archives. After unpacking
77.8kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 18836 files and directories
currently installed.)
Removing midentd ...
An override for "/var/run/identd" already exists,
aborting
dpkg: error processing midentd (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit
status 3
 midentd
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
(1)

___________

so next i do this

poopy:/home/gabaod# ls /var/run/identd
ls: /var/run/identd: No such file or directory

so nothing is even located there

apt-get install --reinstall midentd doesnt work
apt-get install midentd doesnt work says its already
installed
dpkg --force-all -P midentd  doesnt work either same
output

any clues how i can get my box to fully think midentd
is not there ??