Re: two computer dual head idea (ideas please!)

matt said:

> any ideas on how this would be acomplished?  it must be possable.  is
> there any docs on running two xservers on the same machine to create a
> traditional dual head setup?

I don't see how this would be possible. as for running dual head, just
create 2 Xfree config files and start X on 2 different displays.
Xinerama is probably a better bet though(especially if you want to
drag apps between displays).

but running 2 seperate X servers and expect to be able to have an
app use both transparently I don't think is possible. X is very
client-server, the server doesn't tell the client what to do, the
client connects where it needs to connect and instructs the server to
do things. perhaps an app could be made aware of 2 different X servers
and communicate so it can run on both, but I think this would have to
be built into the app itself.

nate