Re: WMV file still doesn't play and now some packages broke

 --- Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> escribió: > Roberto Sanchez
<rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> writes:

> > I downloaded mplayer and cofigured, compiled, and installed it (and all the
> > related codecs).  However I still get audio only with a blue screen instead
> of
> > a picture.  I tested it with a .wmv and a .mpg, and both had the same
> results.
>
> The fact that the mpeg didn't work either is a sign that there is
> something going massively wrong.
>
> The best thing to do is to try other video output options.
>
> Run:
> mplayer -vo help
>
> to obtain a list of other video outputs you can use. Useful one
> include x11, xv, sdl, gl and aa.
>
> mplayer -vo sdl
> chooses sdl and so on.
>
> You can also try exiting X and running mplayer with -vo vesa or -vo
> fbdev (however you will have to run mplayer as root for this to work).
>
> You might not have all of the above available if you didn't install
> the required development packages (aalib-dev, etc.).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Bijan

I installed a bunch of the development packages before compiling mplayer.  Here
is the output from 'mplayer -vo help'.  Asterisks indicate the options that
produced actual output with video and sound and all that.  The others either
did not work or were not appropriate (like GIF/PNG/etc.).  I think the most
unusual thing is that the xv output did not work, especially since this problem
did not happen until after I upgraded from testing to unstable last week.  Any
thoughts?

-Roberto

Available video output drivers:
        xv      X11/Xv
****    x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
****    gl      X11 (OpenGL)
****    gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
****    dga     DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V2.0 )
        ggi     General Graphics Interface (GGI) output
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
****    svga    SVGAlib
****    aa      AAlib
        dxr3    DXR3/H+ video out
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        gif89a  animated GIF output
        null    Null video output
        pgm     PGM file
        md5     MD5 sum
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools (to "stream.yuv")
****    vesa    VESA VBE 2.0 video output
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es