Re: Mutt: where are msg ln cnts?

In article <20030425013006$36ec@gated-at.bofh.it>, Soren Andersen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 03:33:34PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
>> -- Soren Andersen <somian@adelphia.net> wrote
>> (on Wednesday, 23 April 2003, 12:46 PM -0400):

>>> Does Mutt have an inability to show line counts for messages stored
>>> in maildir's unless some other factors are present? I cannot recall
>>> having seen any mention of this in the FineDocumentation.

>> If you look up man muttrc, find the section on index_format. What
>> you're looking at is designated by %l (that's a letter 'l'), the
>> number of lines in the message. The notation in the man page says
>> that this doesn't work with imap, maildir, and mh mailboxes. If you
>> replace it with %c, you'll get the size of the message in bytes.

> I really apologize for asking. Yes, I *should* have been able to find
> this answer for myself. I have read muttrc man-page several times in a
> skimming-sort of way.

You should also check the FAQ @ http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/faq.html.

This question is specifically addressed here under "With Maildir, all
the messages have a length of 0!".

If you don't mind using procmail or maildrop, you can use the recipes
there to add the 'Lines:' header.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.