Re: Mutt: where are msg ln cnts?

-- Soren Andersen <somian@adelphia.net> wrote
(on Wednesday, 23 April 2003, 12:46 PM -0400):
> I have Mutt set up to use the Maildir -type mailbox option, which may
> not be relevent, on one system. On another system, it is using
> traditional mbox -format. On the Maildir/ -style installation, most of
> my mail messages show a 0 (that's a numeral zero) in what I guess to be
> a "message line count" column in the main message-list display. A few
> messages show reasonable values.
>
> Does Mutt have an inability to show line counts for messages stored in
> maildir's unless some other factors are present? I cannot recall having
> seen any mention of this in the FineDocumentation.

If you look up man muttrc, find the section on index_format. What you're
looking at is designated by %l (that's a letter 'l'), the number of
lines in the message. The notation in the man page says that this
doesn't work with imap, maildir, and mh mailboxes. If you replace it
with %c, you'll get the size of the message in bytes.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net