Re: How to connect UBS Camera

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 05:11, Tomoo Nomura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect Minolta E203 camera but failed.
> I can't understand why it says usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout.
>
> kernel 2.4.20, and murasaki was installed.
>
> hub.c: new USB device 00:11.3-2, assigned address 5
> usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x4c8/0x723) is not claimed by any active
> driver.
> Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
> usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 415
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
> Vendor: MINOLTA Model: DiMAGE E203 Rev: 1.00
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> SCSI device sdb: 13217 512-byte hdwr sectors (7 MB)
> sdb: Write Protect is off
> sdb: sdb1
> WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
> USB Mass Storage device found at 5
> USB Mass Storage support registered.
> I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 0
> FAT: unable to read boot sector
Hmmm... Can you mount this camera under another OS(say windows or macos)
that is supported by the camera maker?  It seems to me to be some sort
of bad media.  Make sure it is a linux problem first.  Maybe running
mkdosfs on /dev/sdb1 would fix the problem?  I dont know, but from the
above it looks as though the linux drivers are happy up untill you try
to acctually use the media and then it starts throwing errors.
Specifically file system errors.  My camera also has a function to
format the disk, maybe you could try something like that on yours.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>