Re: X11 Server for ms windows

From: John covici <covici@ccs.covici.com>
To: "Roberto Sanchez" <sanchezr@hotmail.com>
CC: covici@ccs.covici.com, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: X11 Server for ms windows
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:34:52 -0400

on Wednesday 04/23/2003 Roberto Sanchez(sanchezr@hotmail.com) wrote

 > >From: John covici <covici@ccs.covici.com>
 > >To: "Roberto Sanchez" <sanchezr@hotmail.com>
 > >CC: organgrinder@me.wiz-kid.com, debian-user@lists.debian.org
 > >Subject: Re: X11 Server for ms windows
 > >Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:29:16 -0400
 > >
 > I'm not sure I understand your second question.  Please clarify.
 What I mean is does Windows see just a graphic or do the controls on
 X turn into windows controls -- the second arrangement would be
 better for me.

As far as I can tell, windows sees it as just a graphic. The client area of your vnc viewer doesn't do anything other than bring you the graphical output from your xserver session and send any inputs from the kbd or mouse back to your host machine. However, I am not an expert on VNC.

-Roberto Sanchez