Re: X11 Server for ms windows

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:34:52PM -0400, John covici wrote:
>  What I mean is does Windows see just a graphic or do the controls on
>  X turn into windows controls -- the second arrangement would be
>  better for me.

That will never happen. I don't actually think it is possible
basically, controls are just a painted piece of screen with optional
mouse and/or key sensitivity. Depending on the implementation (even
while staying in X or Windows), it may be impossible to distinguish
between individual controls programmatically. In some cases, it is
possible to see what the individual controls are, but even then, I think
it is impossible to see what exactly they do.

Frank