Re: Sudden and Selective Rudeness (Was: Re: sudden (and selective) autism)

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 02:37:06AM -0400, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> There are those that I have regularly and chronically disagreed with on
> issue after issue, but I do not killfile them. Only two have earned that
> over the years - Tim Martin of the comp.os.os2.* groups who runs
> WarpCity.com, and seemed chronically, obsessively driven to pick fights
> with anyone - usually to his humiliation (Tim liked to attack people for
> posting from non-OS/2 systems when nothing else was working - only for
> it to be pointed out that his "all OS/2, only OS/2" website ran on BSD
> iirc.) Hell.Surfers is the other. There is nothing constructive from
> either of them. :(

if you'd like some more to add to your collection, try asking a
question to the smoothwall people. instead of probing questions
or helpful nudges, all i ever got was abuse.

avoid smoothwall. they're awful people.

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0 with bunk-1 packages by Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #6 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
How do you keep text from SCROLLING BY TOO DAMN FAST? :)
Before pressing the ENTER key of a command that you know will
generate a lot of output, "pipe" it through your pager:
	ls -lR | pager
	locate tgz | pager
	grep -r pattern /home | pager
You can also try <SHIFT>-<PAGE-UP> to scroll back. This works
both at the console and in rxvt/xterm windows.