moving from RH to Debian - one glitch

I'm in the process of moving from RedHat to Debian. Finally.

I got most things working, all but [I think] one or two items.

The first is my mouse. It's attached to port 1, /dev/ttyS1. And "dmesg
| grep tty" shows;

ttyS01 at 0x02f8
ttyS03 at 0x02e8

I've tried removing /dev/mouse, and linking to /dev/ttyS1, ttyS01,
with not luck. I know I'm missing something, but not sure what.

Any tips or pointers?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>