Re: Killfiling people with procmail (Was: Re: Gnome problems in unstable)

Jamie Lawrence(jal@jal.org) is reported to have said:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, ScruLoose wrote:
>
> > In the meantime, I think I'll look into how to plonk somebody via my
> > exim filter .forward file.  Shouldn't be too hard.
>
> Can't help you with exim, don't use it. But if should you start employing
> procmail, it is easy:
>
> JERKS=hell\.surfers@cwctv\.net
>
> :0
> * $^From: .*($JERKS).*
> /dev/null
>

> (This lets you keep adding addresses to the variable JERKS. Separate
> with '|' alternations.)
>

> If you want to be generous and revisit the messages someday, send them
> to a mailbox instead:
>
> :0:
> * $^From: .*($JERKS).*
> spam
>
> Hope this helps.

This works for me in exim.

if  $h_From:  contains  "Hell.Surfers@"
then
    seen
    finish
endif

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
You know you've been spending too much time on the computer when your
friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.