Re: ADSL/PPPoE; ppp0: Device not found

Thanks to all of those who have replied.

I installed free Roaring Penguin PPPoE
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/ and it started working
immediately.

I have never messed with the kernel, and do not remember having
installed any package around the time the problem arose.

I think the most likely scenario is, indeed, that Verizon did some
upgrading and as a result debian pppoe became incompatible.

Anyhow, whatever it is, it does not seem to affect rp-pppoe (or maybe
rp-pppoe has as default the needed workaround option).

Thanks again.

__Virgil