Killfiling people with procmail (Was: Re: Gnome problems in unstable)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, ScruLoose wrote:

> In the meantime, I think I'll look into how to plonk somebody via my
> exim filter .forward file.  Shouldn't be too hard.

Can't help you with exim, don't use it. But if should you start employing
procmail, it is easy:

JERKS=hell\.surfers@cwctv\.net

:0
* $^From: .*($JERKS).*
/dev/null

(This lets you keep adding addresses to the variable JERKS. Separate
with '|' alternations.)

If you want to be generous and revisit the messages someday, send them
to a mailbox instead:

:0:
* $^From: .*($JERKS).*
spam

Hope this helps.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
I Can't Believe It's A Law Firm, LLP does not necessarily