RE:Re: Gnome problems in unstable

you should try mandrake.

DM

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:58:34 -0400 stan <stanb@awod.com> wrote:
--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 11:06:42PM +0200, Gavrila wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 21:40, stan wrote:
> > I'm trying to build an unstable box this weekend.
> >
> > I've got most everythign working, except Gnome. When I try to log in
> > as a
> > user, or root from gdm, I get only a popup window about the Gnome
> > Configuration task not being able to run.
> >
> > Sugestions?
>
> Have you got Sawfish window manager installed?

Oroginaly no. But now I have swafish-gnome isntalled. Of course I wa
getting twm anyway. Now I ahve delted twm completly. How can I make certain
that's the one I get when I log in? I can't even get as far as running the
Gnome configurator. Of course I don't know how to run it fromt eh command
line.

Also, this is my first exposure to Gnome 2.

What should I try next?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin