Re: ADSL/PPPoE; ppp0: Device not found

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:06:20PM -0700, Virgil wrote:
> Hi, All:
> For months I had been a happy user of ADSL Verizon (USA).
> A week or so ago, the service suddently stopped working.

Verizon seems to have done some "upgrading" to their system
recently. I had similar problem with PC set up firewall/router a few
weeks ago. I ended up replacing the PC with Linksys BEFSR41 cable/dsl

My son found a number of messages on recent problems with verizon
dsl. One suggested solution is to add 'default-asyncmap' as an option
to the dsl-provider file.