slapd upgrade in unstable

Problem upgrading slapd in unstable :-(

On running the upgrade for the first run (apt-get upgrade), it
mentioned that an old install could have an invalid schema - should it
try to fix it?

I accepted the default "Yes" and it complains -

Checking if LDAP directory needs fixing... failed to get admin dn

then the upgrade aborts.

So - I thought I'd re-run it and choose "No" - but - it no longer asks
the question :-( Just assumes Yes, and aborts

So - two questions

1) Why can't it find the admin dn? How do I tell it the admin dn? (The
   admin dn is working just fine with ldapadd etc)

or

2) How do I get it to ask the question again so I can choose "No"?

Thanks in advance

--
Chris Searle
debian@chrissearle.org