Re: Exim + Courier-IMAP setup

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 11:21:22PM +0100, Jon Wood wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 22:47, ScruLoose wrote:
> >
> > And then how do I tell courier-IMAP where to find the maildir?
>
> I spent hours looking for this one (to change ~/Maildir to ~/.Maildir so
> users can edit their Maildir if they want to, but those that don't know
> about it (probably) won't delete it.
>
> In /etc/init.d/courier-imap(pop3|imap-ssl|pop3-ssl) edit the start
> section as marked:

So, having both courier-imap and -imap-ssl, I should presumably make the
change in *both* places, right?

<SNIP>
>                         $PORT ${prefix}/lib/courier/courier/imaplogin
> $AUTHMODULELIST \
>                             /usr/bin/imapd .Maildir" << Add the path
> here.
>     echo " $DAEMON."
>   fi
>         ;;

Okay... so this is essentially handing the maildir location to the imapd
as a command-line parameter, yes?

And... if I *do* want to use a dir in /var/spool/...
Can I use syntax like  /var/spool/mail/$USERNAME/Maildir
to call the individual user's USERNAME environment variable?
(I ask because the init script in question makes no mention of "~/" or
"$HOME" or anything...)

Now, if insisting on a /var/spool/... location is going to make things
needlessly difficult, I'm open to being told so.

> As for exim I can't help you though... I'm a postfix man myself :P
Hehe!
That's quite all right; thank you muchly for the help on imapd.

Do you know of any good docs that address this stuff?  (Anyone?)  I'm
gonna feel kind of bad if I end up posting *all* my questions about the
IMAP setup (and how to manage maildirs, etc) to the list.  ;-)