Re: Digital Speakers

Thus spake Bijan Soleymani (bijan@psq.com):

> Alexander Steinert <stony8@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > You made me curious.
> >
> >> Some speakers are indeed "digital". The speaker does function in an
> >> analog way (that's the only way a speaker can work). But the
> >> connection between the computer and the speaker is digital. The
> >> speaker itself contains a digital to analog (D/A) converter and
> >> converts to analog itself.
> >
> > Would you be so kind to provide some examples?
>
> This is from Texas Instruments:
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/apps/catalog/overview/overview.jhtml?templateId=932&path=templatedata/cm/level1/data/audio_speak_ovw
>
> I also believe that Creative Labs has speakers that they market as digital.

The Harmon Kardon Soundstick - very distictive as the speakers are
made from clear perspex - has a USB interface. Described on their
website as "for the Mac".
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |