Re: gnome2.2 panel mystery - newbie question

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 10:38, Ajay Pisupati wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been running debian unstable on x86 for about a month now. Last
> week, I updated my gnome 2.2 install and now my panels are gone. I don't
> have _any_ panels at all.  has anyone else had this problem?   I also
> don't know enough about gnome to know how to restart these things
> manually.  If anyone knows how I can fix this, _please_ let me know or
> atleast point me in the right direction.

I haven't seen this before, but you might want to make sure that all the
appropriate packages are installed, such as gnome panel. Otherwise it
would seem that your session settings are hosed, if nautilus is running
you might be able to right-click the desktop, launch a terminal and run
gnome-panel. I suspect that that will not work though, in which case,
you can probably remove ~/.gnome2/session or your whole ~/.gnome2 and
~/.gconf directories (destroys all your settings)

-Mark