Re: netiquette on other lists

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:45:40PM +0100, Hugh Saunders wrote:
| On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:14:37AM -0700, nate wrote:
| > perhaps a few others.. as for HTML email someone could setup sanitizer on
| > the mail server to convert HTML->TEXT automatically, if users see
| > their emails getting a bit garbled(conversions are rarely perfect) that
| > may convince them to switch to text only.
| any ideas on a simple  html-->text thing?
| I guess using a non-interactive lynx would work,

That's one, 'links' or 'elinks' is another.  I bet w3m could do it

| but how you get postfix to put every message through this?

Read FILTER_README.  Writing a filter to handle every potential
message structure may be a bit tricky.  You could as Nigel (the admin
of exim.org) how he did it -- the exim lists automatically strip
attachments and convert text/html to text/plain fairly reasonably.
(though I disagree with the attachment thing -- it wrecks my

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us.
        I John 1:8