laptops without an OS

Last week, somebody asked about generic laptops without Windows
installed. I posted that Asus and Compal were companies that made these.

Just got back from a trip to Taipei. I found that Quanta is the largest
maker of these "white box" laptops. Quanta makes laptops for IBM, Dell,
etc. They don't sell under the Quanta name, but (at least in Taiwan)
they are sold under a number of other names ("Fox" was one I saw in
Taipei) with no OS installed.

Likewise, Compal sells laptop "white boxes". Asus does sell some laptops
under their own name.

I have no idea if any of these are available outside of Taiwan, but I
suspect they are - again, under some other name so that you can't easily
identify the manufacturer.

I don't know if that info is useful to anybody, but there it is.

 - Robert