where is addroute, the module, not in ifconfig?

Hi,

I just did a kernel recompile using the traditional method (make menuconfig;
make dep && make clean; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install;
make bzlilo) and upon reboot, I have no routing table, as evidenced by the
command route.  When I do lsmod, it lists my 3c59x module as being in use
(presumably by my 3com nic).  My syslog says that modprobe couldn't locate
module addroute.  Did I miss something during menuconfig?

Thanks,

Drew