Re: Bash autocompletion

Paul Johnson wrote:

>> I'm referring to the bash-installation that comes with woody.

> Bash autocompletion hasn't changed in years.

Sorry but this is completely wrong. bash completion has changed alot in the
last two  years and is configured in the file /etc/bash_completion in
debian. You can add extensions for xmms to recognize and you can even teach
scp about remote file systems, even though it would probably be too slow
for practical use.

It is not very hard and very extensible, hence it is called programmable
bash completion.

Check
http://www.caliban.org/bash/#completion