Re: Newbie problems

nate writes:

I checked, if I am correct this file contains a list of ttys from where
root  can login. It had entries such as - console, tty01 - tty12. So the
root  should be able to login from the console and any of the tty's.
Please suggest what should I check next.

someone else suggested there isn't a root account in knoppix(sp?)
though I can't imagine how a linux system can operate without a root
account I suppose anything is possible, never used knoppix myself
so I'm not sure of what else to suggest.
nate

The root issue is done. I removed the password from /etc/shadow andthe loggind in from tty1 and then set a new password and now it is working perfect. Thanks.
Regards.
Ajitabh Pandey