Re: ppp over null modem cable

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:13:41AM -0600, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> I would take a completely different tack and try using SLIP, so you'll
> have regular TCP/IP networking going on over the serial line.

But I reckon you'll find it MUCH EASIER to get a couple of NICs and a
crossover cable and set up a regular ethernet connection (it's nothing
like as hard to configure as you might think and it's a sight easier
than messing around with serial ports!) I guess both your 486 and your
"slightly more modern" box both have an ISA bus, and you don't have to
pay for ISA NICs these days, so this needn't cost anything.

Pigeon