Re: Page size variations in cups

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:41:31 +0100
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Yeah, I know that :-) I just can't figure out what the machine is
> actually doing to take so long, any more than I can understand why
> different drivers which are all configured with the same dimensions
> for A4 should print the same test page at different sizes.

Well, I guess I need to make another obvious point -- the drivers are not
written correctly if they use different dimensions for A4.

I noticed this with a previous version of CUPS. Using a foomatic driver, the
test page didn't print properly. On the page was the paper dimension the
driver is using, and it wasn't correct.

Using a different driver the test page printed correctly, and the paper
dimension was correct.

Kevin