re: Booting to console is a non-event 0r give me back CLI

this question (in response to mine) possibly describes my dilemna best.

>>>jah.pigeonATukonline.co.uk
>>>Are you describing the standard situation loosely, or
>>>describing a non-standard situation accurately?

I respond to this advice simply because I like the logic used<G>
This is not to diminish the advice given by others that first got me thinking.
A thank you to one and all.

A factor in timing my response is the way I read this list.
I explain this better in a new thread posted today.

The short of it is I simply forgot I was 'normaly' booting
then running startx.
Forgetting this I was keying in Alt+F* in trying to
get to a console after the auto start of xdm.
i know now I should have used CTRL+ALT+F*
d0h!
A tad embaressing because I did not think it through - panic!

I hope my "mea culpa" help someone else.

Thank you All.

AD 1953

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience