Re: Booting to console is a non-event 0r give me back CLI

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 12:45:36AM +0100, andy denton wrote:
> The short of it is I simply forgot I was 'normaly' booting
> then running startx.
> Forgetting this I was keying in Alt+F* in trying to
> get to a console after the auto start of xdm.
> i know now I should have used CTRL+ALT+F*
> d0h!

I remember when this happened to me, with my slink installation. I
found Alt-Fn didn't work anymore, mashed both hands onto the keyboard
and got myself a login console, to my surprise and delight. I then
recreated the mashing movement a few times until I figured out what
keys were doing the trick. And that's how I found out about Ctrl-Alt-Fn.

Pigeon