Re: which version of gcc what used to compile library

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 22:09, Travis Crump wrote:
> Most of the g++ libraries built with g++-3.2 have package names ending
> in c102.

I have found this to be not true. libwxgtk2.4 for example was compiled
with gcc-3.2. On the other hand xerces seems to have the c102 extension.

> It shouldn't matter if something was compiled with gcc-2.95 vs
>   gcc-3.2 as far as I understand it.

I found that I couldn't link an application which was compiled with
g++-2.95 with libraries compiled with g++-3.2

Some of the functions linked but most didn't. This might be because it
was c++ though - c might transition better.

Thanks for you time though - its appreciated.

Shri
Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com