Re: which version of gcc what used to compile library

Shri Shrikumar wrote:
Hi All,

I have just spent few hours trying to link something that I had written
a little while ago. I eventually came up with the idea that it was
probably due to the fact the library was now compiled using gcc-3.2
while I was still used gcc-2.95

How can I find out which compiler was used to compile a particular
library ?

Thanks for any pointer that that you might be able to provide,

Shri

Most of the g++ libraries built with g++-3.2 have package names ending in c102. It shouldn't matter if something was compiled with gcc-2.95 vs gcc-3.2 as far as I understand it.