which version of gcc what used to compile library

Hi All,

I have just spent few hours trying to link something that I had written
a little while ago. I eventually came up with the idea that it was
probably due to the fact the library was now compiled using gcc-3.2
while I was still used gcc-2.95

How can I find out which compiler was used to compile a particular
library ?

Thanks for any pointer that that you might be able to provide,

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com