rsync

Question about rsync

Is rsync only unidirectional? Meaning, it can only synchronize from SOURCE to DESTINATION. It will not go, "Oh, actually the destination is more update than the source, so I'll update the source.

Say I want rsync to synchronize a directory. If I delete a file from the source directory, however, I've noticed that it leaves the file in the destination directory. Is there a parameter to force it to remove files that are not present in the source? (This would seemingly contradict the first criteria, i.e., you can't have both.)

Curtis Vaughan