Re: cdrom and zip can't be mounted

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com
To: debian user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: cdrom and zip can't be mounted
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem: when I try to mount a
(iomega) zip, or a cdrom, I get the following warning:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/hdd,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact
use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

I'm using 2.4.18-686. Can anybody tell me what I
should do to fix the problem?
What device is your cdrom? Is it SCSI or IDE? Furthermore, I hope you aren't trying to mount audio cds. Only data cds can be mounted. If all else fails, post your /etc/fstab file here.

Thanks for any help,

Joris