Re: remote printer configuration - cups

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:43:40PM -0500, ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
| It bears noting in all this that when in CUPS you use "lp" commands
| they come from the cupsys-bsd package, which provides same-named
| replacements for traditional printing commands.

Close.  The "lp", "lpstat", "cancel", etc. commands come from the
cupsys-client package and replace the SysV interface.

The "lpr", "lpq", "lprm", etc. commands are replacements of the BSD
interface, provided by the cupsys-bsd package.

| They are not the same "lp" commands you read about in Linux books
| and other places.

In terms of implementation, that is correct.  In terms of (most of
the) interface that isn't correct.

(I hope I'm not confusing anyone here ...)

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?
        Proverbs 20:9