Re: remote printer configuration - cups

ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:06:05 -0500
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:

| I started to try this approach and died here:
| | Setting up cupsys (1.1.15-4) ...
| Starting CUPSys: cupsd.

I have what is supposed to be a network printer with support for
JetDirect, Cups and LPD.  Unfortunately, it isn't exactly a cups
server.  So I guess in order to get my network printer working, I need
yet another server....

I guess the whole point was to set up a printer that didn't require
another server.  After all, it's got it's own hard drive and a 233MHz
CPU.

You do have a server, and it's running. You just haven't told it about
any printers. You do that either with the web browser interface I
suggested or on the command line with "lpadmin".

Not going all that well....

sudo lpadmin -p Kyocera -E -v socket://192.168.0.100 -m Kyocera-FS-1900-Postscript.ppd
lpadmin: add-printer failed: server-error-service-unavailable
lpadmin: add-printer failed: server-error-service-unavailable
lpadmin: add-printer failed: server-error-service-unavailable

I'm kind of at a loss because I compared this to another cupsd.conf file I have and they are very similar to each other.

--
Old age is always fifteen years old than I am.
		-- B. Baruch