Vaio PCG-R505TSK Installation Trouble

Hello,

I'm trying to install woody (bf 2.4) on my Vaio PCG-R505TSK ... with no success.
After booting into the bootfloppy cd with 'linux ide2=0x180,0x386" (to makte the pcmcia cdrom drive work during the install) I can install debian without any problems and the system comes up after the installation system reboot with the (ironic) congratulation that I have installed debian sucessfully. Whatever I do next (and I have tried many a thing ...) - upon next reboot the system gives me: '<0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interupt handler! In interupt handler - not syncing!'

What am I missing?

Any hints would be highly appreciated!

Joh