Re: Woody reinstall, mozilla menu huge fonts

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 09:53:05AM -0800, Michael Rudmin wrote:
>   So I'm wondering what's gone wrong.  *WHY* do those
> fonts on the menu come out giant?  I really like
> mozilla, but at the current stage it's unusable, and
> googling doesn't provide any clues.

I don't know why ... I have been having similar troubles for quite
awhile. I've found that using the Gnome-AA GDM session to get
antialiased fonts is part of the cause in the giant XUL widget problem.
If I switch back to a normal session, the widgets go back to a normal
size. All the Gnome-AA session does is set LD_PRELOAD to get libgdkxft0
available to GTK. And oddly enough, unsetting LD_PRELOAD and starting
Mozilla doesn't fix the problem.

So give that a shot if you're using that GDM session. It might give
you a usable browser again, even at the loss of antialiased fonts.

Robbie