Re: Mutt e-mail charset. Read is bad, write is ok.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 02:35:45PM +0100, Joao Clemente wrote:
> I think I'm missing something here but I can't figure out what that
> option is:
> My language (Portuguese) has those vocals with signs on top (the
> acute, grave, tilde, ...).
>
> My editor is set to "vi" and I can write those letters fine ( á, ò ).
> However, I can't read them, either in index or pager mode.
>
> I'm guessing it's some "charset" related option.. But how does it
> affects only pager and index, and does not affect editor?

Answering myself: I've notisted that some other things also didn't
worked with Portuguese characters, like "joe" or even the console...
The problem after all was that I hadn't installed locales..

so:

apt-get locales
<select your locales. In my setup was everything "pt_PT">
export LANG=pt_PT@euro

that's it!
 (I think I'll put my LANG settings at /etc/profile or .bashrc or
 someother)

 Thanks for reading!
 Joao Clemente