How to burn JPEG files to CD?

I successfuly downloaded 93 JPEG files from a digital camera to the hard drive. Not wishing to tie up this space permanently, I tried to burn them to a cd with the command cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 speed=8 -data /h/dsc*.jpeg but it didn't work. cdrecord knows there are 93 files (tracks?) but recorded them as 0 bytes each. There is, incidently, nothing wrong with the files. Mozilla will open them and display the images perfectly. Is there a solution to this problem?

Tom George