Re: Installing default printer

    "Lindsay" == Lindsay Yardley <lindsay@ebuild.net.au> writes:

    Lindsay> G'day All, I would like to install my printer using the
    Lindsay> default debian utilities (lpr, lpd) without using tasksel
    Lindsay> as this installs 100Mbs+ of "stuff".  Would some kind
    Lindsay> soul point me in the right direction please as I'm
    Lindsay> googled out.

Perhaps I don't quite understand all the implications of the question,
but the first thing I'd try is 'apt-get install lpr' followed by
'apt-get install apsfilter' which will walk you through an
installation of filters that support a fairly large set of printers.

If you installed Debian you should already have lpr. Try apsfilter if
you want to.

Cheers
Shyamal